Vital is looking to hire a tools programmer to help in the creation of our new game technology platform. Applicants should be excited and willing to work in a very collaborative and iterative work environment where each person is empowered to take ideas and shape them, evolve them, and make them their own. We’re looking for people who enjoy a high level of ownership and thrive in this setting.
Our ideal candidate will have prior experience creating UI systems, taking design mock-ups from prototype, through iteration, and delivering user-facing tools.
- Experience creating UI systems and user-facing tools
- Strong C++ and Python skills
- Strong Math skills
- Understanding of memory allocation, pipelines, etc.
- Familiarity with optimization and multi-threading techniques
- Experience with system integration of various third party APIs/SDKs
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineers, artists, and designers
- UX design experience
- Experience with WPF, UWP, or general XAML experience
- Experience writing Visual Studio Tools
- Experience with any type of version control (P4, Git, etc.)
- Writing tools and pipeline systems for our platform
- Setup and implement UI code
- Help write debug tools for our systems
- Collaborate and communicate with the art and design teams
- Integrate third party software into our platform
- Participate in system design brainstorming and planning
- Participate in code reviews, both for you and others
- Help with other engineering tasks as needed
- Work alongside and learn from fellow engineers
On a side note: No one can agree on how to rank the best to worst Terminator films. Everyone agrees T2 is obviously the best but after that it’s complete chaos... can you help?
Send an email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.