Vital is looking to hire an entry-level programmer to help in the creation of our new technology platform. As a junior programmer you be tasked with a wide variety of engineering duties as you are mentored by our experienced engineering team. Knowledge in either C, C++ or C# is required, however prior game experience is not needed.
Our ideal candidate will have strong skills in both math and physics, and be able to discuss programming tasks in these fields. Applicants should be excited and willing to learn game development in a very collaborative and iterative work environment.
- Write C++ and Python code for a variety of engine and game systems
- Participate in system design brainstorming and planning
- Work alongside and learn from fellow engineers
- Collaborate and communicate with the art and design teams
- Participate in code reviews, both for you and others
- Prior experience using Python
- Familiarity with graphics APIs (OpenGL, Vulcan, etc.)
- Experience with any type of version control (P4, Git, etc.)
On a side note: There’s a high quantity of Dad-Level puns that are told by (and, if you can believe it, laughed at) the engineering team; tolerance of such terrible humor is a boon.